MGS/MGS2 and Codec Bloopers:


speaking too close to the codec?

(got the idea to write my own mgs bloopers from lex's page and gameadvice.com's codegamer ^_^)

METAL GEAR SOLID:

The part where Psycho Mantis is about to possess Meryl's mind, but...
*Beep Beep 'press select'*
Roy contacts Snake.
SNAKE: ROY!!! we're in the middle of a...
ROY: Snake, snaaake... make love to me, snake...don't you love me snake?
SNAKE: WHAT THE?!
MANTIS: Oops, wrong mind.

Near the end of Snake and Ocelot's gunfight...
NINJA jumps in the scene and slashes off Ocelot's head.
SNAKE: Um, I think you just had to cut off his hand or sumthin.
NINJA: Oops.

After Snake removes Psycho Mantis' gasmask...
MANTIS: snake, i am your FAATHHUUUURR
SNAKE: no way!
MANTIS: CAN'T YOU BELIEVE A DYING MAN?!!!

Snake contacts roy through the codec, but then sees and hears...
NAOMI: Roy *giggle* stop it *giggle*...oh, you're such a baaad boy, aren't you? *teehee*
SNAKE: Um, Naomi? ROY?!!!
ROY (gets back on the codec and can be seen fixing his tie): Um, sorry Snake..eheh...just had to deal with something back there.
SNAKE: Yeah, right. Naomi, i'm telling gray fox. roy, i'm telling meryl.
NAOMI and ROY (both on the codec): uh oh...

MEI LING: Hit me baby, one more time!
SNAKE: Um, Mei ling, this isn't the time to listen to your brittney songs.
MEI LING: Sorry, got kinda bored back there.

The 'dead meryl' ending...
ROY: Snake, she's...she's my wife...
SNAKE: okay, now this is just sick
ROY: Just kidding

Snake crawls under one of the vents and gets stuck with his legs left exposed...
A genome soldier walks up to him
GENOME: so are we suppsed to help him out, or nuke him right here?
SNAKE: help me out, YOU DOLT!

Natasha contacts Snake:
NASTASHA: Pour 1 cup of water. Mix in 2 cups of flour and one tablespoon of butter.
SNAKE: Huh?
NATASHA: Oops, sorry. Was reading a cook book.

During the fight with ocelot:
OCELOT: DIE, SNAKE!!!
Ocelot shoots, at him, but unfortunately, the bullet hits a pole and ricochets back to him, hitting him in the eye
OCELOT: GAAAAAAAAARGH!! MY EYE!!! MY EEEEYEEEE!!!!!!
SNAKE: UH OH! CALL 911!!!

The part after snake fights cyber ninja....
SNAKE (opens the locker)....
SNAKE: OCELOT?!!!
Snake sees ocelot inside the locker eating a sandwich and listening with his headphones and cd player
SNAKE: What the heck are you doing here?!!! and where's otacon?!
OCELOT: The camera's rolling already?! i thought lunch break was gonna end 20 minutes from now. Um, anyway, sorry...just thought i'd look for a nice quiet place to eat.
Ocelot walks away as snake stares blankly at him
SNAKE: *blink* *blink*
Snake looks at the camera
SNAKE: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!!!!! AND WHERE'S OTACON?!!

Suddenly, song lyrics start scrolling on the codec view's message box (where you see the text), and snake and deepthroat start singing.
HIDEOKOJIMA: THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR KARAOKE!!! AND HOW THE HECK DID YOU GUYS DO THAT?!!! oookay. who rigged the codec?

METAL GEAR SOLID 2:

Peter Stillman, after a while, decides to get out of the storage room to disarm the other bombs and discover what Fatman's real plan is...
STILLMAN (tries to open the door): Ungh...dang it...
STILLMAN: darn it! come on! open!
STILLMAN (starts to pound on the door): HELLO!! ANYONE THERE?!! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!
STILLMAN: Um, anyone? helloooo! I'm stuck in here! who locked the door from the outside?!!! HELLOOOO!!! RAIDEN!!!! I THINK YOU LOCKED THE DOR FROM THE OURSIDE!!! HEEEEEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

a few minutes before cameras start rolling Inside Arsenal gear with the naked raiden on the machine.
SOLIDUS: You know what, son? Even at my age, i still look better naked than you.
RAIDEN: OH YEAH?!!!
SOLIDUS: YEAH!!!
RAIDEN: OH YEAH?!!!
SOLIDUS: YEAH!!!
RAIDEN: then show me what ya got!!!
Solidus strips.
Olga walks in.
OLGA: so uh, what's going on here?

Ocelot jumps onto the original Metal Gear Ray to once and for all kill the remnants of the S3 plan.
OCELOT: Die, you fools!!!
Suddely, Ray loses it's power and stands there doing nothing.
Ocelot kicks the cockpit open and stands atop metal gear ray.
OCELOT: OOOOOKAY!!! WHO PULLED THE PLUG THIS TIME?!!!

Off camera.
RAIDEN: Wow, Colonel. How did they come up with all the crazy stuff you said?
COLONEL: It was pretty easy actually. They just asked me to talk normally. Like how i talk everyday.
RAIDEN: ooooookaaaaay...............
Raiden slowly starts to walk away...

Solidus jumps down from the hind, does his usually cool-looking slide and then accidentlly slides over the edge of the strut connecting bridge.
SOLIDUS: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
RAIDEN: Um, that wasn't part of the script, wasn't it?

Raiden jumps down deep into the water with emma on his back
After a few minutes underwater
RAIDEN (looks behind him and notices that emma is gone)
RAIDEN: uh oh....looks like i lost her somewhere

Raiden cpntacts the colonel.
*FLUSH*
COLONEL: RAIDEN!!! call me a few minutes from now! can't a man have his "private" time in a restroom?!!!!!!...............AND STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!

GO BACK TO FANFICS SECTION